Senior Business Intelligence Developer | CLOSED
Dellent is seeking a self-motivated and results-driven Business Intelligence Specialist with emphasis on ETL, Data Modeling and Business Analysis utilizing the Microsoft BI Stack. This person will be working with a team of individuals who are passionate about their work and who collaborate closely with others to develop the right business solutions. The ideal candidate will mentor other team members to improve the overall effectiveness of the team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, support and maintain enterprise data warehouse, leveraging Microsoft Business Intelligence stack (SSRS, SSIS and SSAS).
- Utilize your experience with SQL to create, support and maintain SSRS reports.
- Leverage SSIS or other ETL technologies to extract, transform and load data from other systems.
- Adhere to development testing and deployment standards or help define standards if they are not already in place.
- Work with teams across the organization to ensure data is organized, captured and designed to support the business need.
- Define understand and recommend changes to existing reporting environment in alignment with the current business needs and direction.
- Generate and deliver query results to internal customers on an ad-hoc basis. When possible or necessary, combine ad-hoc requests into a single project to improve effectiveness and efficiency of the BI team.
- Experience developing complex SQL statements, stored procedures, functions and working with SQL Server, SQL Service Management Studio.
- Knowledge of a variety of report design tools, Microsoft BI stack preferred (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS).
- Strong strategic thinking skills, with a demonstrated ability to identify business issues/opportunities and to frame business questions.
- Database administration experience a plus.
- Fact finding, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Ability to understand complex data models.
- Must possess a professional presence suitable for interaction in meetings, in-person or via email. Must have excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Familiarity with SharePoint and Microsoft applications, particularly Excel, Access, etc.
- Excellent organizations skill, attention to quality, self-motivation and a desire to succeed.
- Self-motivated to grow skillset in the following areas: SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, ETL, Relational Databases, stored procedures, dimensional modeling, sales force automation, customer relationship management systems and other systems within the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
- 2 years' relevant experience.