Backup Operations Administrator
Our client is seeking a Backup Operations Administrator. This individual will be responsible for the deployment and day to day administration of the storage & backup infrastructure, meeting the day to day operational goals of the group, as well, as expanding and enhancing the technical capabilities and service offerings. This includes handling requests and incidents, problem resolution, and lifecycle management. The Backup Operations Administrator is also responsible for contributing to defining and creating our future state backup and storage technology and services while providing stable, predictable, and scalable enterprise storage and backup solutions.
- Maintaining an understanding of deployed solutions, potential issues, requirements, and service gaps;
- Assuring solutions are aligned with business objectives for resiliency, disaster recovery, and regulatory compliance
- Creating standard operational procedures and knowledge base for the solutions;
- Managing standard service requests within SLA’s;
- Provide coverage for incidents and troubleshooting of problems;
- Testing and implementing upgrades;
- Assessing current operational processes and technology;
- Participating in strategic planning and working closely with the Engineering team to implement and continuously improve storage services.
Candidate must have:
- At least 3 years of experience in relevant technologies, including experience managing enterprise storage environments;
- Experience with technologies such as Commvault, Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) and Data Protector;
- Experience Backing up from NetApp\Storage\NAS;
- Experience with VMWare policy based backups of VMs;
- Experience with automation of manual processes using Python, Perl, PowerShell;
- Must be able to work well in an ambiguous and changing environment;
- Open to giving and receiving direct feedback in an environment where people are encouraged to challenge peers and management of all levels;
- Ability to work with multiple teams.