Senior Product Owner (SAP HCM)
We are looking for a Senior Product Owner (SAP HCM), for a challenge at a prestigious pharmaceutical in Lisbon.
Proficiency level description:
- Require in-depth knowledge of their discipline to solve complex problems by analyzing possible solutions and taking a new perspective on existing solutions;
- May lead ad-hoc functional teams or projects, coordinating and overseeing the work of colleagues;
- Work mostly independently with minimal guidance from their manager.
- Create, revise and monitor complex product roadmaps according to the strategic goals, the user requirements and the functional specifications, working in partnership with IT business analysts, acting as a leader of the product functional design process;-
- Define scope and backlog items of software development projects, guiding the application developers and managing the release/sprint goals;
- Ensure the application developers have an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on;
- Possess a full understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration and dependencies;
- Lead the visioning and concept development of products, collaborating with other stakeholders and acting as a product and innovation ambassador;
- Prioritize, develop and maintain an appropriately prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation;
- Review and/or develop detailed specifications for the product features so they are understood by the project team
- Lead the planning product release and set the expectations for delivery of new functionalities, reconciling the short, medium, and long-term delivery;
- Create and continuously update a product inventory, reviewing and auditing products regularly, to identify issues and propose enhancements and innovations;
- Work with cross-functional teams and different stakeholders throughout the length of product development, articulating different needs and expertise;
- Master agile/scrum processes and tools, keeping abreast with new trends;
- Manage complex projects/ analysis with significant impact on business;
- Make quality and timely decisions based on multiple sources of data;
- Manage risk and uncertainty; anticipate and escalate roadblocks in order to prevent deviations to the goals;
- Document and/or review user requirements;
- Translate business requirements into functional specifications;
- Prepare functional design and specifications;
- Analyze current business processes. Build current process model diagrams. Make recommendations on changes to improve processes;
- Customize or change applications to suit the new or existing business processes;
- Create system test plans;
- Responsible for unit and system testing;
- Provide estimates to project managers for specific tasks;
- Communicate technology requirements to developers and end-users;
- Must be able to perform 2nd level support of applications;
- Acts in compliance with all risk management and security standards and practices.
Education / Qualification
- University, or equivalent, qualification in Information Technology or similar scientific field (mandatory).
- Typically requires 5-8 years of relevant experience in software product management or similar.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of SAP HCM module (Human Capital Management) with an emphasis on:
- Personnel Administration;
- Organizational Structures;
- Time Management;
- Good Knowledge of standard on-premises or cloud solutions that support HR processes such as:
- Fluency in English is a requirement.
- Good Communication Skills;
- Good Stakeholder Expectations Management Skills;
- Build and maintain strong partnerships;
- Have a proactive approach to change;
- Good level of Innovation and Creativity;
- Good teamwork and collaboration skills;
- Adept at working in a fast paced, changing environment while serving the needs of multiple stakeholders;
- Capability to learn and support new applications.