DevOps Engineer – Analytics and Big Data
We are looking for DevOps Engineer – Analytics and Big Data for our team in Lisbon or Porto.
About the role
We are looking for Analytics and Big Data Engineer to be integrated on the Managed Service unit and assure the delivery of continuous services, by assuring the reliability of the existing solutions and be able to deliver the increments associated with the new Machine Learning (ML), Cognitive and Artificial intelligence (AI) business requirements.
You will integrated within the DevOps delivery teams, using Agile methodologies- to promote the delivery process and quality required under our projects.
You will be supporting the Hub leadership in the creation and development of the necessary expertise to increase the Cognitive and Analytcis tech domaing footprint .
You will address the project requirements associated with Data modeling, data ingestion and data processing applied to near-real-time use cases, maintain scalable, fault-tolerant, and high performant solutions for large-scale processing systems, maintain and promote continuous improvements on data pipelines to collect data from different sources using real time or batch technologies, prepare, integrate, and consolidate data for different purposes and manage and troubleshoot all incidents reported to support team’s queue, including providing the Develop and deliver code fixes.
What are we looking for?
- Development with languages as Java, Scala, SQL, Shell Script, etc;
- Use of Big Data Tools as Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, Flume, Nifi, etc;
- Knowledge of NoSQL Databases as Hbase;
- Knowledge of agile methodologies as Scrum, Kanban, etc;
- Experience in code repository tools (git, bitbuket);
- Experience in distribution-based architectures as Cloudera and/or cloud based. Knowing the concepts of ITIL processes;
- Experience with CI/CD tools : Jenkins, Maven, Nexus,Sonarqube;
- Experience on DevOps Approach as developer/operations (less relevant).
- Ability to adapt to different contexts, teams and Clients;
- Teamwork skills but also sense of autonomy;
- Motivation for international projects and ok if travel is included;
- Willingness to collaborate with other players;
- Strong communication skills.