We are seeking a Network Engineer to join our team in Porto (hybrid model).
In this project you’ll contact with the European stock market area. Despite its development center being located in Porto and all administrative support in Lisbon, you will be part of a multicultural team that is spread across several European cities.
- Lead the maintenance of network solutions to enable effective management of business and technical requirements;
- Manage third party suppliers for operational effectiveness and to influence design decisions to ensure maximum business benefit is obtained from the network infrastructure;
- Own the operational vendor relationships;
- In charge of the provisioning and maintenance to all areas to ensure appropriate Network solutions and controls in the infrastructure environment;
- Manage the maintenance of the infrastructure environment with standardised process and automatized tools;
- Provision of detailed and Low Level Design documentation with subsequent liaison with other team members;
- Network Lab development;
- Test plan development;
- Ownership and maintenance of network monitoring platform;
- Network instrumentation requirements;
- Provide second line support for all network infrastructure;
- Work with front-line support team.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Understanding of financial trading industry IT and business;
- Engineering Degree, understanding of TCP/IP networks;
- At least 2+ years of experience in similar functions;
- Juniper knowledge to JNCIP or JNCIE level on EX, MX, QFX and J series platforms;
- Same level on Cisco such as CCNA, CCNP or CCIE level;
- Understanding of Data Centre Infrastructure, such as structured cabling, power distribution, cooling;
- Application design and development relating to networks;
- Knowledge of common services, DNS/NTP etc;
- Use of network probes and monitors;
- MPLS VPN design and implementation;
- Understanding of physical transport technologies such as DWDM;
- Experience of scripting languages such as Python;
- Detailed knowledge of Firewall technology and how to apply them in a service oriented enterprise environment;
- Ability to work in a self-sufficient manner seeking guidance when real obstacles occur;
- Good communication skills and the ability to work with others;
- Graduate and/or several years in depth experience of network implementation and operation;
- Security Oriented mindset;
- Network trace analysis skills in critical and complex environments;
- English speaking and writing;
- Change Management process experience (ITIL).
- Integration in a dynamic, experienced and friendly team;
- Technical, behavioral and linguistics training opportunities;
- Career development.