Senior Oracle Database Developer (Performance Tuning & Query Optimization) | CLOSED
You will be responsible for designing and maintaining databases to ensure their stability, reliability and performance. This individual will work with the team to optimizing SQL statements as necessary and establish best practices. This candidate should also be able to solve database usage issues, formulate new ideas, and provide advice that can help avoid future problems.
In this job, you will:
- Design, code, test, debug and document complex data base queries.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex production issues.
- Work with teams for identification of performance issues in production.
- PL/SQL and SQL Tuning and Optimizations of newly develop and existing applications.
- Work effectively with the Infrastructure architects and DBA teams to ensure that all approved development and deployment procedures are followed.
- Work with internal and external users to understand the requirements, explain issues and prioritize work.
You should get in touch if:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/related or equivalent work experience.
- Your experience includes a minimum 5 years’ experience in Performance Tuning & Query Optimization on large scale database environment.
- You have programming/development skills using PL/SQL, T-SQL (package, procedures, functions, triggers) and batch coding skills such as bulk collections, dynamic SQL and parallel processing.
- You have strong database development experience using Oracle 11g/12c.
- You are experienced with advanced topics like Indexes, SQL Loader, Tuning and Tracing of Procedures, and Collections.
- You are comfortable with best practices around Test Driven Design and Source Control Management
- You are skilled at optimizing large complicated SQL statements.