Senior Cloud Engineer
Would you like to make an impact in different industries with your work? Then this project is for you. Here you will have the opportunity to be part of a multicultural and inclusive team with global projection that contacts with areas such as consultancy, law, strategy, insurance, finance, among others.
We are looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer to work in a finance project in Lisbon or Porto.
What We Expect
- Act as a link between project stakeholders, technical managers, IT specialists and developers who built the IT system;
- Help Project Managers and Service Delivery Managers in identifying key technical risks, propose mitigation plans, with cost models and effort estimates;
- Have knowledge of at least one public cloud – optimally confirmed with certificate (but not mandatory);
- Have at least 3 years of experience in operating systems (e.g.: Windows, UNIX/Linux) administration;
- Have understanding of DevOps culture, CI/CD practices and tools (Jenkins, Git, GitLab, CloudBuild, Azure DevOps, Jira);
- Have understanding of entire technology stack of networks, databases, applications and endpoints;
- Have experience in working with Containers;
- Have experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and Automation Tools approach using machine-readable definition files;
- Have understanding and experience with implementing cloud security standards;
- Have understanding of HA infrastructure and DR concepts;
- Have knowledge in various scripting and programming languages;
- Have strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Have critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Have good written and spoken English (B2+).
Skills And Attributes For Success
- Advanced understanding of cloud architecture;
- Ability to communicate solutions, ideas, suggestions to business partners effectively and comprehensibly;
- Ability to adopt and relate new technologies to the set of problems while adhering to security and other standards;
- Excellent collaboration, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong collaboration abilities – willingness to share ideas, documentation and leading practices;
- Conceptual and analytical skills – ability to extract, analyze, and document complex business and technical requirements/strategies.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Academic education in Engineering, Informatics, Management or similar fields of study;
- At least +4 years of professional consulting experience in similar roles;
- Designing, building and hosting solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS platforms;
- Deep understanding of Infrastructure and security architecture and non-functional aspects like Performance, Scalability, Reliability, Availability, other “capabilities” of a system;
- Ability to facilitate design discussions and communicate architectural decisions;
- Experience with Agile & DevSecOps methodologies;
- Experience with configuration management and automation tools like Jenkins, Git, GitLab, CloudBuild, Azure DevOps, Jira;
- Proven experience in delivering architecture strategies;
- Experience with relational, graph and/or unstructured data technologies such as SQL Server, Azure SQL, Cosmos, Azure Data Lake, HD Insights, Hadoop, Neo4j etc.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication with C-Level customers.